We are taking cues from development to restore body systems….
Learn about our lab, get to know the people responsible for making our work possible and find out about new projects that you could join. B. Ogle
We research mechanisms by which stem cells contribute to tissues during development and we use these insights together with engineering principles to replace damaged systems (especially the cardiovascular system). We partner with departments and centers across the University of Wisconsin and the international scientific community to more efficiently attain our research goals. We develop the next generation of explorers who are bold enough to merge the disciplines of medicine and engineering.
- Summer 2011 Anthony Sprangers awarded the Astronaut Scholarship
- Summer 2011 Jayne Squirrell granted travel award to UVM - Stem Cells and Cell Therapies in the Lung Annual Conference
- Spring 2011 David Buschke granted travel award to Cyto 2011 Annual Conference
- Spring 2011 Department of Defense IDEA awarded (Research Area I)
- Fall 2010 Ogle appointed to executive committe of the Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center
- Fall 2010 American Heart Association, Innovative Research Grant awarded (Research Area II)
- Summer 2010 Quyen Tran and Brian Freeman awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowships
- Spring 2010 NIH Challenge Grant awarded (Research Area III)